Also known as: fire rated glass, fire resistant glass, fire protection glass, anti fire glass, fireproof glass,
Pyrobelite 7mm, Pyrobelite 11mm, Pyrobelite 12mm, Pyrobel 16, Pyrobel 16EG, Pyrobel 25, Pyrobel 25EG, Pyrobel 53, Pyrobel 53H, Pyrobel 28H, Pyrodur, Pyrostar, Pyroswiss Extra, Vetroflam, Contraflam lite, Pyran S, Interflam, Pyrostop, Contraflam30N2, Contraflam 60N2, Contraflam 90N2, Contraflam 120N2, Interfire, Pyrobel Vision Line, Contraflam Structure 30, Contraflam Structure 60, Interfire SWS 30, Interfire SWS 60, Pyroguard
Fire resistant insulation glazing can be categorized in terms of their performance level (duration of the fire resistance and the method of insulation). The choice is made on the basis of various criteria with regard to the valid regulations and taking into account the eventual application of the glazing. The fire resistant of glazing rests on three basic criteria: Mechanic stability The fire resistant element should retain its mechanic stability during and after the test.
Flames or flammable gasses should not leak through the cracks and joints in the construction.
The temperature on the construction to the public side can rise no more than 140°C on average or 180°C on one point, also when the temperature in the oven is 821°C after 30 minutes and 925°C after 60 minutes. The fire tests have only been rewritten in accordance with the European norms :
- E - fire stability
- Ew - fire stable with limitation of heat radiation
- EI - fire stability and insulating against heat
When a fire breaks out in a building, the people present need to be able to escape. This happens via a part of the building where the fire does not expand. Splitting up the building into various parts (compartments) is needed. The government and the fire department impose fire compartments and escape routes. In order to prevent the fire from spreading to another compartment, fire resistant construction materials need to be used. The increasing norms concerning fire safety demand more and more of the use of "fire resistant" glazing for publicly accessible buildings (hospitals, schools, administrative buildings,…). These have been validated in time periods per hour (1/4hr, 1/2hr, 1hr, 1hr1/2, 2hr).
Single Fire resistant glass
Single fire resistant glass consists of a single hardened window, fitted with a fire resistant coating. This glazing is available with a fire resistant coating on one side or two sides, and 30 minutes or 60 minutes delay.
Layered fire resistant glass
Layered fire resistant glass consists of 2 glass panels that have been laminated to each other. This glazing is available with a fire resistant coating on one side or two sides, and 30 minutes or 60 minutes delay.
Insulating fire resistant glass
This glass consists of an insulating combination, possibly fitted with solar control and/or self-cleaning coating. This glazing is available in double glass, HY+ or HY++. This also provides the glazing with insulating characteristics in addition to the fire resistant characteristic. This glazing is available with 30 minutes or 60 minutes delay.
Toughened glazing that meet the Integrity criteria (E).Toughened coated glazing that meet the Integrity and Low Heat Radiation criteria (EW).In the event of a fire, PYROPANE will resist the thermal shock and will remain clear.
Laminated glasses assembled with clear intumescent interlayers that meet the Integrity and Low Radiation criteria (EW) or the Integrity and Insulation criteria (EI). In the event of a fire, the interlayers will expand and transform themselves into a rigid, opaque and?heat absorbing fire shield.
- Fire Resistance classes E30, E60, EW 30 en EW 60, EWef 120 en EIef 45, EI 15, EI 30, EI45, EI 60, EI 90, EI 120
- Standard Symetrical Fire Resistance
- Safetyglass following EN 12600 (3B3, 2B2 of 1B1 according to product type) in double glazing can be combined with laminated or tempered glass
- Available as single internal glazing, single glazing with UV filter (EC-type) and as double glazing in combination with any other product of AGC glass
- Can be layered and doubled with the decorative, burglar and bullet range of AGC in single or double glass
- Available in Clear Vision (extra clear glass)
Pyrobel Vision Line uses multiple Pyrobel fire-rated glazing panels, separated by 4 to 5 mm of Fire Resistant silicone joint - providing you with clear, unobstructed views and the ultimate in fire protection. With the absence of intermediate framing, the Pyrobel Vision Line transparent wall offers continuous views and uncompromising beauty. The Pyrobel Vision Line has been tested for 30, 60 and 120 minutes integrity and insulation (EI - Insulation following EN 13501-2) in steel, aluminium and wooden frames.
Download documentation fire rated glass AGC
Clear Integrity Fire Barrier.
A unique, NEW, special modified toughened glass, 30 and 60 minutes integrity (E)
- Designed for consistency: a special toughening specification and specific control criteria
- Product design and use backed by a new validated computer model
- Achieved 50 successive tests in timber frames before launch
- Less sensitive to edge cover relative to standard modified toughened glasses
- Impact safety 1(C)1, i.e. at highest drop height in the impact test
- Large sizes and flexible use in timber, metal and composite doors and screens
- Ideal for safe escape before fire conditions become untenable
Clear Integrity Fire Barrier - Plus protection against radiant heat.
- Based on intumescent technology
- Class 30 and 60 mins integrity (E)(2)
- Protection from radiant heat (EW30) and added insurance of insulation for 15 minutes (EI)(2)
- Impact safety class up to 1(B)1(1)
Pilkington Pyrodur Plus
Clear integrity only fire-resistant glass with a narrow profile and impact resistance ideal for fire doors and partitioning.
Pilkington Pyrodur Plus
- Unique and special intumescent technology
- Only 7 mm thick, integrity 30 minutes (E)
- Protection from radiant heat (EW30) and added insurance of insulation for 15 minutes (EI)
- Ideal for internal applications in partitions, doors and door set glazed screens
- 2(B)2 impact safety class
- Insulating Glazing Units also available
A clear multi-laminated fire-resistant glass which both retains its integrity and insulates against all heat transfer from fire.
- Highly successful intumescent technology
- Forms opaque and robust insulating barrier against heat, flames and fumes
- A sodium silicate interlayer (therefore not liable to flame or smoke on non-fire side)
- Classes 30, 60, 90, 120 and 180 minutes insulation & integrity (EI)
- Impact safety up to class 1(B)1(1)
- Good visual and optical quality
Download documentaton Pilkington Firerated glass